Part-Time Sales Associate Position in Bel Air, MD
Boutique 44 is looking for a talented, energetic, reliable individual who has an interest in fashion to join our sales team. The employee should enjoy fostering client relationships, primarily focusing on helping customers find their style. Our ideal candidate would have 3-4 years work experience in the women’s apparel retail space, as well as experience in a managerial, assistant managerial, or a key holder sales role. Past work experience in a boutique setting preferred. Our candidate should be flexible and enjoy working on a variety of tasks within a small business. This is a Part-Time Position (18-34 hours per week) and could lead to Full-Time Employment. We are currently hiring so don't wait to reach out!
As a Boutique 44 Associate, you will be responsible for wowing customers with exceptional service by meeting their individual needs and expectations. You will be working directly with the owner. I am specifically looking for an individual who is a self-starter; one who can work independently and find tasks to do during slow periods. This person must have a great eye for details; the ability to multi task; take pride in their work; demonstrate ownership of tasks; and be tech savvy.
Our ideal employee will demonstrate an understanding of current fashion trends and be interested in applying those concepts to our target customer. Alongside sales duties, other tasks include the store’s day-to-day operations; assisting with the e-commerce site & online orders; marketing and Social Media (Facebook & Instagram); responding to customer inquiries; maintaining the visual appearance of the sales floor; assisting with inventory processing; and daily cleaning.
- Engage with customers as they shop and try on clothes. Provide advice on fit, style, fashion, color and demonstrate knowledge of the brands carried at Boutique 44. Suggest complementary accessories, in order to support purchasing decisions and provide excellent customer service.
- Build and maintain customer relationships. Follow up on all inquiries via phone, email, and Facebook messenger & Facebook comments to aid customers.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience by exceeding their expectations. We go above and beyond for our customers.
- Maintain the visual appeal of the sales floor. Sizing, hanging, folding clothing. Displaying jewelry. Cleaning shelves, mirrors, floor, cash wrap, etc.
- Cash wrap duties: Opening & closing procedures. Use our POS system to ring up customers accurately and complete returns. Wrapping and packaging merchandise in accordance to Boutique 44 standards.
- Maintain an active, accurate client book in POS system.
- Consistently achieve or exceed monthly and seasonal individual and store sales goals, enhancing and developing the business.
Assist with tagging, steaming, and processing inventory, as well as prepping it for the website.
Maintain security standards within the store to ensure safety of customers, and merchandise.
Assist the owner with visual merchandising changes, window displays, seasonal decor, and visual merchandising plans.
Manage the daily cleanliness of the store with a keen attention to detail. This includes the sales floor, back room, hallway, bathroom. Uphold fitting room sanitizing procedures after each client. Steam clothing.
Create a variety of content for social media to promote new merchandise and inform customers about promotional events and sales.
- Assist with the e-commerce website. Duties may include uploading and editing products & images, assisting with price changes, fulfilling online orders, packing & shipping orders in a timely manner.
- Assist the owner with Facebook Live Sales. May include curating live list and pulling merchandise to prep for owner. Employee may have the opportunity to join the owner on a live sale trying on clothing.
- Assist with marketing and store events.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner.
Work well with others in a team based setting.
Represent the Boutique 44 Brand and image.
- Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility.
Have enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Maintain the Boutique 44 aesthetic across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, brick & mortar visual merchandising, social media, and website.
- Ideally 2-3 years of fashion sales experience. Fashion retail background and boutique employment preferred. Must be over 18 years of age and have transportation.
- Ability to drive and exceed both individual and store results.
Ability to build lasting relationships with customers and colleagues
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Strong organization and follow-up skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work on your feet on a sales floor, standing for several hours at a time.
- Ability to independently change mannequins, lift mannequins, and climb ladders .
High flexibility and ability to adapt to both the needs of different customers and the day to day tasks of the store.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which at times includes, evenings, events, weekends and holidays.
- Familiarity with Instagram, Facebook, Excel, Canva, Windows computer systems. (Preferred but not required).
Please send resumes to Jobs@Boutique44.com.
140A N. Bond St.
Bel Air, MD 21014